Members of the Redeemer University community care for each other and take care of each other. Each member has an important role to play in keeping our community safe and healthy.
Redeemer University is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect students, employees, and guests from COVID-19. As a member of the Redeemer community, I commit to take action to stay well and to
protect those around me.
I understand that:
- COVID-19 is highly contagious;
- it is possible to contract COVID-19 even if I follow all of the safety recommendations of the University and abide by this Pledge; and
- while Redeemer is following or exceeding guidelines from public health authorities and health experts, a virus-free environment cannot be guaranteed
I pledge to:
- participate fully in any COVID-19-related training provided and required by Redeemer;
- complete the online Redeemer Health Check at the beginning of each day that I plan to be on campus;
- stay home from class, and seek appropriate medical attention, when I feel ill;
- follow the University’s policies on physical distancing and on face coverings;
- follow the University’s policies and recommendations on hand-washing and respiratory etiquette;
- keep my personal and shared spaces clean and sanitary;
- stay informed on COVID-19 updates and changes to policies and requirements;
- where required by Public Health, participate in testing, quarantine, isolation, or contact tracing;
- speak out, in a kind and constructive way, when another member of the Redeemer community is creating risk by failing to comply with this pledge; and
- be supportive and sensitive to other members of the Redeemer community who may be experiencing physical, mental, or emotional health challenges. I have read, understand, and agree to abide by this Pledge. I also acknowledge that making and abiding by this Pledge is a condition of being on Redeemer property.
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
— Philippians 2:1-4